1. Wide Open Spaces – This region of Virginia is unspoiled and uncrowded. Most of the land in Bath County is forested, including National Forest and State Park land. That means plenty of room to roam. There are rivers and lakes for paddling and fishing, trails for hiking, biking or horseback riding, and plenty of back roads for taking a scenic drive.
2. Relaxation – That’s probably the one thing you need right now more than anything else. You’ve been stuck at home, helping kids with school work while trying fix meals, doing housecleaning all while doing your own job remotely. You deserve a relaxing getaway. In Bath County, you practically feel the stress disappear. There is no traffic — not even a single stoplight in the entire county — just scenic back roads. You can enjoy a spa treatment, a round of golf, a walk in the woods, a day of fly fishing or you can just sit on the porch and listen to the birds.
3. No Cooking – We’ll do all the cooking for you and the food will be fantastic. If you’re lucky enough to be staying at one of Bath County’s wonderful B&Bs, you’ll be treated to a fantastic breakfast. If not, don’t worry there are options like Country Café for hearty homestyle food or the Coffee Shop at the The Tavern at the Inn at Warm Springs for a latté and pastry. Save room for dinner because Bath County has several destination restaurants with creative chefs, farm-to-table specialties, extensive wine lists and service that will have you coming back again and again.
4. Hospitality – Visitors have been making the journey to Bath County for more than 250 years. So, welcoming guests is in our DNA. The people here are friendly and will make you feel right at home. Accommodations range from a resort to independent motels to award-winning B&B Inns to rental cabins. Choose whichever options suits your needs, budget and taste.
5. Be Healthy – A healthy lifestyle is what Bath County is all about. In addition to the fresh air and reduced stress that we’ve already mentioned, you can get some exercise each day, catch up on some sleep, and visit a farm to learn about sustainable, organic practices and even take some healthy food home to continue the good habits started on your unforgettable visit.