Peaceful. That is the number one word visitors use to describe Bath County.
Maybe it’s because there is little traffic and no honking horns. Maybe it’s because a majority of the county is forested. You’re more likely to hear songbirds than engines. Whatever the reason, Bath County is one of the most relaxing getaways in Virginia. If you wish to take full advantage of the magical power Bath County has to erase stress, we happily offer this itinerary and urge you to unplug your technology devices and reconnect with someone special in your life.
• Sleep late at your favorite hotel, motel, inn or rental cabin – Important: Turn off your phone and do not set an alarm
• Pack some sandwiches and cold drinks or arrange some in advance from a local store or restaurant and head to Alleghany Outdoors to rent bikes and pedal at your own pace along the Jackson River Scenic Trail. Find a quiet spot and have a picnic lunch while overlooking the Jackson River.
• Visit Bath County’s first winery, Rock Roadhouse Winery, for a tour and tasting. Allow plenty of time to take in the history of the property and to simply relax and enjoy the view. Note: Make a reservation in advance.
• Enjoy a romantic dinner at any of Bath County special occasion restaurants including Les Cochons d’Or, Fort Lewis Lodge, Waterwheel Restaurant, Tavern at the Inn at Warm Springs or the Main Dining Room at The Omni Homestead Resort.
• Sweet dreams at your favorite hotel, motel, inn or rental cabin.