Wanderlust is a term used to describe a strong desire to travel.
Because Virginia is for lovers, we understand the feeling and call it WanderLove. Bath County, located in the mountains of Virginia west of the Shenandoah Valley, is the perfect place to satisfy this desire to explore. Here you will find breathtaking scenery, legendary hospitality, exquisite food and plenty of room to roam.
Customize your itinerary by combining a little bit of each of the things that make Bath County famous into every day of your visit:
Enjoy the Scenery:
– Pick up a Motorcycle Rides and Scenic Drives brochure or view it online and explore on of the five loops that begin and end in either Hot Springs or Warm Springs.
– Head to Alleghany Outdoors to rent kayaks or tubes for a float on the Jackson River or rent bikes and pedal along the beautiful Jackson River Scenic Trail.
– Hike the trails at Hidden Valley Recreation Area or Bolar Springs Recreation Area at Lake Moomaw. There are plenty of options, so you can find a trail that for a short walk or a longer and more challenging hike.
– Visit a local spa for a massage, facial or hot stone treatment.
– Sip a locally made wine at Rock Roadhouse Winery in Hot Springs. The tasting room and surrounding garden overlooks a beautiful mountain view.
– Gaze with childlike wonder into the dark skies of Bath County. With little or no ambient light, you can pick out constellations and get an awe-inspiring glimpse of the Milky Way.
Fun & Recreation:
– The golf courses at The Omni Homestead Resort are routinely rated among the best in Virginia and the mid-Atlantic. Bring your clubs and play where Presidents and pro golfers have played.
– Pull a trophy fish from one of the rivers, streams or lakes in Bath County. If you want to take your fishing experience to a new level, book a day with a professional guide.
A great getaway has to include delicious meals. The variety of wonderful dining options is sure to please even the most discerning palates. In fact, Bath County is becoming a favorite destination for foodies. The options range from country cooking to elegant cuisine and everything in between.